Saturday, January 2, 2016

CRAZY TIMES and UPDATE!!!!

Yeah, so I started this blog in October and pretty much didn't come back to it for 3 months...I am really planning to stay around this time I promise...We have had a crazy few months.
At the end of October we decided that we would take a step in the direction of Foster Care and Adoption.  We started the classes with the same agency when Caroline was about 6 months old and changed our minds because it really wasn't the right time to work towards anything other then being the best parents we could to the 3 children we had.  But this October seemed like a good time.We were able to pick up where we left off with the same instructor! All seemed to be going well except dealing with some illness in the family and having to cancel a few times.  Then, at the end of November, I read in the paper that our instructor had been arrested in conjunction with child abuse charges (!!)  Crazy I know......Anyway, we promptly decided that this is not the agency to be working with.
 Honestly at this point we are probably going to go after the idea of international adoption of a special needs child or children....I know there is a lot of controversy on this subject, I have heard it from a lot of people, including my best friend who is in the process of adopting a child from the foster care system, don't get me wrong I know there are tons of kids here in the states that need loving families. I am mentoring 2 former foster children right now. (Both of which I feel very close to and love dearly.)
But honestly there are kids all over the world who need homes, I'm not saying that at some point we won't go back to the US system but right now we are looking in the international direction.
So to that end....we are SAVING....both of us are donating plasma to help us raise money, we don't know what country we are after yet but we are waiting on God to lead us.
In other news....Caroline, poor thing, is on her EIGHTH ear infection this year! We saw the ENT Dr over the summer and he was hopeful at the tine that the tubes in her ears might grow enough that she would come out of this without having to have surgery (tubes placed).  No such luck....we have had 2 this fall already.....So I am going to call the ENT on Monday and try to get her in.
Had Liam's IEP meeting at the beginning of December, and they were very helpful, although we still struggle with eye issues with him, The school luckily is doing their best to help him succeed!!
Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment