Saturday, August 25, 2018

Foster Parent Room Progression

So I have no before pictures to show, but I want to document this journey for you and for myself honestly, and decided that I would just put the information here.  We had an inspection done by our social worker about a week ago and DCF will be coming out in a few weeks to do our final one, after that our home will officially be OPEN.  We will probably be licensed for 3 to 4 kids depending on how things go and I hope to take a sibling set of at least 3.  Again this journey is complicated so I can't tell you anything about number, ages or genders of the children we will get but my biggest hope is still that we will find a sibling group that can join our family sooner rather than later.  I will keep you updated as we go!
Below you will see the pics


A lot of people I am sure are going "WHY in the world did you get a CRIB!! There is no way you are going to get a baby that is young enough to need one or young enough to sleep in your room." or at least that was my reaction and we actually have a crib that my daughter and one of my sons slept, BUT our social worker specifically asked that we get one so that the DCF worker can license us for children under the age of one. since I specifically said that I am ok with taking babies who are born addicted.




This is our extra room all set up.  No, we do not have any bedding on the beds yet.  I didn't think that a 5-year-old girl would want the same thing as a 2-year-old boy!

Anyway, there you have it! I will keep you updated as we go!!!!

PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment