Friday, August 24, 2018

YouTube Gossip: My thoughts

I have been a long time viewer of different youtube videos and different Vlogger channels, and I know it seems a little weird to take this kind of thing outside of the YouTube world, but I just wanted to write this because lately, I have noticed a lot of drama surrounding a particular couple of YouTubers who are making some choices that might be seen as not the best thing for their kids. and I was just wondering why it is that we all let ourselves get sucked into this? Are we that invested in these peoples lives that when something happens to them we take it as a personal insult? Do we just have nothing better to do? And then you have all of these other channels jumping on board and sharing their thoughts on these peoples life choices? It really just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...Several years ago, there was all the controversy about families like the Duggars and John and Kate Gosselin.  That I kind of understood because those people were choosing to put their lives and their kids lives on National TV.  So is YouTube reaching that level? I don't know. 

Now there are some channels that yes I think are truly putting their kids in danger, I won't name any names but there is a particular YouTuber who has two children who are adopted and have special needs and I truly feel that SRS should be called and all of those children should be removed. The house is a mess, the kids are not well cared for...the whole deal.

When you compare that to a family where the children are being cared for but maybe she got into a new relationship too quickly and got pregnant again fast, and you put those two people (comparing the two families) on the same level, I believe that is a problem.  I mean, my husband and I were only together 2 months before we moved to together, and he had JUST gotten out of a relationship...now, of course, the difference is that we didn't have any children.


Anyway, I am not going to name any names of these YouTubers because honestly on the part of the first family I mentioned I don't want her to get any extra views. 

Some people might think it is really stupid for me to write a post like this but honestly, I just needed to get some thoughts out!

Thanks for Listening!!!
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment