Wednesday, March 23, 2016

quote of the day

Today I was thinking about something my dad used to tell me when I was a kid when ever I didn't want to do something.  He always gave me a pep talk and told me "sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to do because it is the RIGHT thing to do."

As a kid I really hated when he said that but now I get it, and I often tell my kids the same thing.

I was looking for something that would send this same message for todays quote and I remembered a scene in one of the Harry Potter books (I believe it was five, please don't hate me if I'm wrong :)) where Dumbledore was talking to Harry and gave him the same message that my father used to give me...

Which leads me to the recommendation of this quote 

We all know I am a self proclaimed nerd and I love reading so I have to tell you that when Dumbledore said this to Harry I was really pretty thrilled, not only because it was something that I was told as a kid but because it really is true.  There is such a big difference between following what is right and what is easy.  May you have the wisdom to know the difference :)

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!
PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment